What a great event! Thanks so much for coming out to make it a big success. We ate, we drank, we did a lot of good. Here are some of the highlights:
- Kate Lombardo of the Lower Fairfield County Food Bank said a few words about hunger in our community and was clearly thrilled with the support for her important organization.
- Every person at Chinese Mirch did an incredible job making the guests feel welcome. Owner Sienam Lulla ran a tight ship with a big smile and made sure everything worked like a charm. She and her staff just blew me away with their positive attitude and unending courtesy.
- Fairway Market donated $500 worth of food, including basically everything on the food bank's wish list. It was a tremendous and thoughtful contribution by a company that is about to be our newest neighbor.
- Guests took home collections of original, creative and amazing artwork postcards from We Can't Stop. All the impressive graphic work was his accomplishment, including the stylish cocktail menu and the sleek signs on the entry table.
- We tasted nine fabulous cocktails sponsored by nine local bloggers (including moi!) and $6 of every $10 cocktail goes right to the food bank. The hard working and articulate bloggers behind all of the following wrote about and devoted their time to support the food bank: Always Home and Uncool, Blog Stamford, CT Bites, PeculiarBliss, Stamford Talk, Streets of Stamford, The Lunch Break Chronicles and (of course) We Can't Stop. I was honored that the ladies behind some other fabulous blogs, Stamford Downtown Events, Stamford on the Cheap and Urban Gardens (just to name a few), came to support the food bank as well. Amazing to meet them and so many other phenomenal members of our community!
Because Chinese Mirch generously agreed to contribute funds from their restaurant sales through tonight, it's too early to say how much money we raised for the food bank, but I can't wait to tell you. Will do so ASAP!
I could not have asked for a better evening, and I'm so thankful to everyone who helped make it unforgettable.
CCM Announces New Executive Director
2 hours ago