Hi there citizens! Apologies for a largely post-less week. My dog ate my willingness to write. Hoping to win you back with a jaunty little blog entry about what the "failure to plan" crowd might do to entertain themselves this lovely long weekend.
- Swirl. The tall drink of Sangria that is Swirl is playing at Barcelona a bunch o' times this weekend. You can catch them at Norwalk Barcelona (63 North Main St.) at 9pm tonight or at Stamford Barcelona (222 Summer St.) at 5:30pm on Sunday.
- Unfurl. That's what you do to the American flag at this weekend's big CT Memorial Day parade. I'm thinking there's a local event on a smaller scale as well - if you guys have info, share!
- Girl. Are you like me? Then you are a girl. As a girl, you might spend your three day spree vacay doing things that would embarrass the slightly less fair sex. You can get your nails done at You Got Nails or another local spot. If you're looking for a little extra pampering, try Noelle or Agora Spa. If you're feeling really girly, you can also check out the Ruthie Davis Shoes: Couture, Futuristic Design exhibit at the New Britain Museum of American Art.
- Hurl. Well, hopefully it won't end that way - but you might spend the weekend raising a glass at a local bar. There's a beverage with your name on it at any of my Top 8 restaurant choices.
- Twirl. A friend of a friend (aka, my DVR) told me that "So You Think You Can Dance" is back on the air. Follow their lead by learning some steps at Dance with Maria, Metropolitan Dance Center or Latin Moves Dance Studio.
- Squirrel. Hang out with your fuzzy neighbors in the nature by visiting the Stamford Museum and Nature Center, Audubon Greenwich or taking a walk around one of Stamford's Parks.
(photo from wburris, flickr.com)
Updates on Transportation News
13 hours ago