You know, I never wanted this blog to be about me, but the world is just a little too much with me right now. It's not a bad place to be, it's just an in between sort of place. I'm in a summertime limbo. We've bought a new house...or almost bought a new house since closing is the end of July, and I'm still wrapping my head around it.
If it all goes according to plan, we'll be in North Stamford by season's end. So what does that mean?
On the plus side it means:
- A bigger house for my growing boy to roll around in.
- A place for my parents to stay that doesn't cost a fortune (at last!).
- A walk of about 5 minutes to get to some of the prettiest parts of our fair city: the Bartlett Arboretum and Stamford Nature Center beyond.
- A wall of windows, which I've always wanted.
- An investment in my family's future.
On the minus side it means:
- A bigger, scarier mortgage.
- A bigger, scarier - but much more beautiful - piece of property to maintain.
- No more walks to Lorca, which I've grown to love.
- No more walks to Mill River, which has grown into a mid-city gem.
- No more walks to the movies or to dinner.
Ok, so we will sip, stroll, watch and eat again, but I don't want us to forget the lovely things we're leaving behind.
In the short term, it means boxes and boxes. I'm dreaming of boxes. We haven't gotten our place on the market yet, and there are obscene numbers of boxes still to come. I've been dreaming of future boxes stacking up over my head and up several stories of walls of windows. Moving is awful, and I'm a little nervous about leaving a place that's totally imperfect, but that I've grown to adore. We're not going far, but I'll still miss what's been close.
Malloy’s Budget Office Says Deficit Is Only $5.7M
12 hours ago